One of the things I liked most of the movie (500) Days of Summer is its soundtrack. One of those that draws a smile on your face, whether you listen to it separately or with the movie. Though, of course, it sounds far more better in the movie, as it mixes beautifully with the images. Created by Mychael Danna and Rob Simonsen, it is mostly pop music, including songs by artists such as Regina Spektor, Feist, Black Lips, Doves, Carla Bruni and The Smiths. So here it is the list of tracks and, as usual, the playlist on Youtube for you to listen to it.
1. A Story of Boy Meets Girl – Mychael Danna & Rob Simonsen
2. Us – Regina Spektor
3. The Boy with the Arab Strap – Belle & Sebastian *
4. There is a Light That Never Goes Out – The Smiths
5. Bad Kids – Black Lips
6. Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want – Smiths
7. Have I Been A Fool – Jack Peñate *
8. There Goes The Fear – Doves
9. You Make My Dreams – Hall & Oates
10. Sweet Disposition – The Temper Strap
11. Quelqu’un M’a Dit – Carla Bruni
12. Mushaboom – Feist
13. Hero – Regina Spektor
14. Bookends – Simon & Garfunkel
15. Vagabond – Wofmother
16. She’s Got You High – Mumm-Ra
17. Here Comes Your Man – Meaghan Smith
* These songs aren’t in the Official Soundtrack, but they are played in the movie and I thought it would be nice to add them in the list.
And now, I would like to share two videos with you. In the first one you can hear a conversation between the two main actors of (500) Days of Summer (Joseph Gordon-Lewitt and Zooey Deschanel) about their love of music and the role that it played in developing their characters for the movie.
And the second video shows one of my favourite scenes of the movie. This is the way Tom feels the morning after getting laid. So funny 😀 (If you can’t see it, click here)
That’s it, my friends. Hope you enjoyed the article as well as the soundtrack and as always, feel free to leave any comments on the space below. ♬